Saturday 9 March 2013

DIY; CD Embellished Top

Embellishment is a pretty big trend at the moment, but I've noticed everything is quite overpriced especially basic tops with neckline details.. so why not hunt out some old cd's& make your own?
you will need;
- old cd
- flat back gems (optional)
- fabric glue 
- scissors 
- a sheet of paper (to stop glue leaking through)
step one
use a bowl of boiling water to place your CD in, to make it a bit more flexible and easier to cut.
step two
Once it is flexible, use the scissors to cut the CD into shapes of your choice.
step three
Lay your top flat and slip the paper inside the top, to stop any glue leaking through.
(I forgot about the paper and glue leaked to the back of the top).
Work out where you want to place the pieces before gluing, have a few moves around until you are completely happy with the design.
step four
Now glue your pieces in place.
step five
Allow a hour or so for the glue to dry off and then you are good to go!
Be extra careful washing the top once to embellishment is on as the water could loosen the glue, I'd say just hand wash it gently in cool water. 
Let me know if try this easy DIY for yourself.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Ahh this is such a good idea! I love it

    Xenia
    xox

    xensimagination.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a good idea! Definitely gonna give it a go.

    www.helloellaxo.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you'll have to post about it if you do! Thanks for commenting. xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea, would never have thought of it though! I know what you mean about most tops being super expensive, there was one I really liked in Topshop but it was nearly £40! This is a much better option :) x

    www.justlikeheavenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I thought h&m would be quite cheap but the tops wear like £30 for just a couple of beads stuck on, so cheap for just a few cd's and a tube of glue. Glad you liked it! Thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. wow! this is such a god idea and so effective! deffs going to try this one out x

    http://frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, you'll have to let me know if you try it! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a smart idea! I love the colours CD refections have!!
    I do a lot of opshopping (thrift shopping) and some times i feel things need to be jazzed up a bit and this looks like the perfect way to do it!

    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I know the cd's make like rainbow patterns when the light hits them.
      &I know exactly what you mean, thanks for your comment to! xx

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig